- We act with honesty, integrity and transparency;
- We are self-questioning, humble and yet courageous;
- We listen and are open to change;
- We practice what we preach.
Freedom and responsibility:
- We act as we feel is right in any given situation;
- We take total responsibility for ourselves and our decisions. We support the freedom and responsibilities of others;
- We share information freely with those who accept the responsibility that comes with it.
Quality and Simplicity:
- We aim to achieve high quality in our work while managing cost, time and energy;
- We remain focused on our mission and strategic plan;
- We regularly re-evaluate the relevance and effectiveness of our work;
- We look for appropriate simplicity.
- We seek a balanced approach to everything we do (eg. short-term and long-term, leading and facilitating, flexibility and stability).
The beliefs that guide us:
- We see a world that is interconnected and interdependent;
- We respect life in all its forms;
- The natural resources of the earth and the cultural resources of humanity are to be sustainably and equitably stewarded for the benefit of all, both now and in the future.
- We believe that everyone should have an opportunity to develop their full physical, mental and spiritual potential;
- Equality is not sameness. We celebrate and cherish differences.
- We are stronger when we work with others who bring different perspectives. Thus we look for win-win opportunities with others, based on mutual trust;
- We aim to hear, value and integrate all voices in mutual support.